Good advice for all good AM Pirat Radio stations

Het laatste nieuws uit Radioland

Moderators: westcoast, webmaster, RadioRob

Plaats reactie
OZNRH
Contacteer:

Good advice for all good AM Pirat Radio stations

Bericht door OZNRH »

I'm not sure if I put this post in the right place, but I try :-) .

Good advice for all good AM Pirat Radio stations with respect for themselves should follow ;r .
I know the rules among Pirates is that, there is no, but s) .....

1) Be sure that your transmitter does not disturb others with unwanted signals, neighbors, and legal radio services.

2) Do not transmit with unnecessary high effect. Limit your sideband (modulation) with a 5-6 kHz. Low Pass Filter. Your listeners can not hear anything over 5 kHz. in their radios.Then there also are space for your other pirate colleagues pi) .

3) If you can see yourself at the 'Twente Web-SDR' and easily can move your frequency, so testing just that you do not send right on top of a another running transmitter, try to keep the 4-5 kHz. distance. A smaller distance gives only an annoying tone on both and at the listener :-(.

4) Try to respect other stations as you know, always transmit on known fixed frequencies. Remember, signals from AM transmitters on MW and SW goes out longer than you think.

5) In the interest of your listeners, so be nice to often, to give the name of your station, frequency, and your broadcast times.

Best 73 from Ole Pirat, Radio OZNRH t)
PS: I will (my self) try attempt to comply with these rules :hypo . and p)
Take a look on our Homepage:
http://radiooznrh.webnode.com/

Boomi

Re: Good advice for all good AM Pirat Radio stations

Bericht door Boomi »

Whishfull thinking OZNRH. :|
I'm afraid your posting will not have that much effect.
Real Transmitters glow in the dark

omejan

Bericht door omejan »

Good adivice

greethings omejan t) t) t) t) :D :D

OZNRH
Contacteer:

Bericht door OZNRH »

Hi Again :-) .

Yes, I'm just a hopeful incorrigible optimist s)) . Some good advice is excellent, especially if it is a beginner read the text, we must of course take them in the bud, and bring up a little on them l) .

Just that and best 73 from Ole Pirate in Denmark ;) .

OZNRH
Contacteer:

Bericht door OZNRH »

Hi again here and one things more pi)

If you take a look at my photo collection on my website, and looks on my SDRs images maybe better understand why I am looking for a kind of 'rules' also for radio pirates, there must be space for us all.

http://radiooznrh.webnode.com/photogall ... 532837/20/

Thanks and regards Ole ;e .

Nora

Bericht door Nora »

Ole,

If you are looking at the SDR waterfall, you might get the wrong picture.

I don't say it's not crowded at times, because it can be. Especially in weekends and evenings.
But we all seem to get along with that.

The SDR however gives a wrong picture. The MW receiver is not that great. Only signals from within the vicinity of the receiver are showing big fat lines.
And within a close range, there is more then one station active. If they come on air, sometimes they are displayed as wide as wide can be... but a few miles down the road the signal gets better :D

No worries...
Wij zijn allemaal 100%..... 100% prettig gestoord....

eastcoastholland
Contacteer:

Bericht door eastcoastholland »

Hello,
A lot of mediumwave amateurs are from the old generation,they dont look on websdr from twenthe,everyday i see signals between the 1611 and 1670khz with the most miserable signals.
Normal you must see a signal without modulation like a smal line,but sometimes it is with line,not good.
Then the modulation with sometimes even wider then 15khz up and down,only splatter and cost a lot of energy of the transmitter,it is pitty but again a lot of amateurs are from the olde generation and they dont look on the websdr. ;c

orionwest

Bericht door orionwest »

Hi, Ole , you are right !
But making rules, upon a self choosen-pirate-band,(even when it's granted to us by the government) is converting it into some legal-bound,amateur band, with rules regulations, and whatsoever...-
The whole problem is, we are with to many, at the same time,at a too short band, and misbehaviour is simply human...the discussion will last forever, I'm afraid so, anyway, your suggestion is OK, but in the mean time !- I, don't know the answer...-it's not possible to bring some bastards back into the past, and let their fathers beat the shit out of there bowels......
All the best, Ole !
greets, Wout ;e h)

OZNRH
Contacteer:

Bericht door OZNRH »

Hello again here and okayy here :-).

It is possible, that the SDR exaggerating the sideband view if the station live close to the SDR, or submit with great effect, but it does not reduce the problem right here in Denmark.

Remember, many of the Dutch stations up here in Denmark, in the evening coming with a 'big bang / sidebands' and often makes our local broadcasts 'drowning in shock tones and sideband' and thus more or less do our broadcast impossible to listen to, so therefore I also bring this up (Think also of your other pirate colleagues) d) .

Remember MW is a very interesting band to work with.
But okayy if 1600 to 1700 is Dutch property, so I keep my big mouth shut :a / :L .

Best 73 from Ole Pirat p)

speedy

Bericht door speedy »

I think, there is one thing missing in these advise, DONT broadcast above the 1650kc.
Gr. Speedy

OZNRH
Contacteer:

Bericht door OZNRH »

Hi again here :)

@ Orion and hi for 'old days':
No, no, of course, no official rules of order, governments and permits. The rules I mean, is them as people with little technical knowledge by should follow, to benefit for both themselves and others, then I am sure that we all get to 'live' a little longer :hypo .

@ speedy:
Okay with 1650. There is also a 'sea warning' transmitter on 1704 we must not get too close on :! .

One thing more I forgot:
Always, you must have a 'real time' monitor running on your signal, a simply radio or a scope to test for the modulation not exceeds 100%. Remember, you don't get a longer reach, just an uglier sound and sideband :v .

Just my thoughts on simple rules that give us all a better place to be.

Best 73 from Ole Pirate up in Viking country. If you're not cute, so we will come and take the complete Normandy back :L .

FRC-Group
Elite lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door FRC-Group »

Hi Ole!

Nice to see ya again here in the Forum!
Last time I saw a message from you, it was on the Free Radio Cafe forum USA - or HF Underground USA forum!

Good thinking!

Best Greets

Dré
Transmitters Do It OnAir!
Join In the Spirit of Free Radio!
CoolAM Radio Productions
http://jingleproductions.coolam.nl
:q Make your dream a reality...Then go to sleep...have another dream and do it again! Sweet (dreams-)!!!

Plaats reactie